A FABULOUS MOTORCYCLE RIDE IN THE ALPINE ARC ON SCENIC ROADS
Let's discover the whole Alpine Arc: on this motorcycle tour, you will touch almost every peak of the Alps! In the world, there are many fantastic winding roads, "heavens" for motorcyclists, but the most spectacular is this one that crosses the entire Alpine arc zigzagging between one peak and another and crossing the high passes in these unique mountain groups with amazing views.
If you decide to follow this tour you can choose the direction you like best: from east to west or from west to east. That means you can start out from Faakersee, the lake in Austria not far from Villach, well known by motorcyclists for hosting the largest Harley-Davidson motorcycle rally in Europe, and ride almost 2,100 km in the direction of Menton in France, or vice versa from Mentone to Faakersee. So, when you place your order for the Roadbook, just select the direction you prefer.
After starting, you will ride your motorcycle on some of the most scenic roads in Austria, while in Italy, you will cross the Alps and the one-of-a-kind Dolomites which are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a paradise for motorcyclists. You will enter Switzerland by crossing the legendary Stelvio Pass and the Umbrail Pass and then, you will cross other panoramic passes in this country. Entering France, you will meet first the famous mountains in Savoy and then the other high passes in the French Alps reaching at the end the beaches of the Côte d'Azur in Menton.
Highlights of the tour in The Italian Alps
- Stelvio Pass 2,747 m.a.s.l., is the number one of the Italian Alps! It is surrounded by the dramatic scenography of the Ortles mountain range. The road to Stelvio Pass is climbing up through 48 breathtaking hairpins on this South Tyrolean side. While the road to Passo del Romboprocourse presents 87 impressive hairpin bends in 50 kilometers.
- Other Alpine Passes along this motorcycle tour in the Italian Alps: Monte Giovo, Pennes, Resia, Mount Zoncolan.
Highlights of the stretch in The Dolomites
- Giau Pass 2,236 m.a.s.l, is the most spectacular pass in the Dolomites, featuring 55 thrilling hairpin bends with breathtaking views of these unique mountains around. Have a stop at the top and enjoy the imposing Marmolada glacier, another particular Mountain Group in the Dolomites.
- Sellaronda Circuit is one of the most beautiful motorcycle routes in the world winding around the Sella Mountain Group and featuring four legendary Dolomite passes such as Sellapass, Gardenapass, Campolongopass, and Pordoipass 2,239 m.a.s.l. (you will never forget its 50 adrenaline hairpin bends!)
- Other Dolomite Passes this motorcycle tour is crossing here: Tre Croci, Fedaia, Livinallongo del col di Lana.
Highlights of the tour in the Swiss Alps
- Tremola is the old route of Saint Gothard and it is considered the most scenic road in the Alps, of course, it is a beloved destination for motorcyclists! Both the uphill and downhill stretches will take your breath away due to the beautiful views around. Just pay attention to the slightly slippery surface.
- Furka Pass is a true legend, where the imposing Rhone glacier dominates the magnificent landscape despite the global warming has reduced its original surface. A stop is a must at the Belvedere Hotel where you can visit the Ice Cave.
- Other Swiss passes you will cross here: Albulapass, Saint Bernardino, Fluelapass, Ofenpass, Julierpass, Umbrailpass
Highlights of the tour in the French Alps
- Isèran Pass 2,770 m.a.s.l., is the highest road pass in Europe. It is very exciting to cross it by motorbike!
Besides that, here, in the French Alps you will cross some more important passes, such as Col de Galibier, Col dl'Izoard, Col de la Couillole, Robione, Col de la Madeleine, Montgellafrey, Col du Vars, Cormet de Roselend, Col de la Croix- de-Fer, Col d'Allos, Col de Turini, Col de Castillon.
Highlights of the stretch in the Slovenian Alps
- The Mangart is a narrow road that climbs up through the clouds towards the sky. You will enjoy wonderful views here! The ring at the top allows you to get back on the same road you arrived at.
- In Slovenia, you will also cross the Moistrocca and Predilpass.