A MOTORCYCLE RIDE IN MOROCCO TO DISCOVER HIDDEN TREASURES
The tour "A motorcycle ride in Morocco to discover hidden treasures" is a great motorcycle trip that winds entirely on paved roads and will take you to the heart of this vast North African nation.
This fascinating country boasting millenary traditions is surrounded by magical landscapes you will enjoy everywhere along this motorcycle trip: on the roads among the stately mountains of the High Atlas, around the soft dunes of the Sahara desert, on the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic Ocean, in the ancient Moroccan imperial cities full of mystery, in the fortified villages, in the lovely palm groves oases or around the breathtaking canyons of wild beauty.
The itinerary of the tour "A motorcycle ride in Morocco to discover hidden treasures":
The journey starts from Tangier and after a tour of 3,300 kilometers, it gets back to the same city. Tangier is connected with many European ports so it is pretty easy to get there with your motorbike. It is also known as the "white city", located at the tip of the African continent in the Strait of Gibraltar where Europe and Africa almost touch each other. Starting from here, the tour will make its way south entering the heart of Morocco.
First, you will find on your way the amazing village of Chefchaouen that will delight you since here everything and every single house are painted deep blue! Riding a little further on you will reach Fes, the ancient imperial city of unique charm featuring a picturesque and chaotic Medina: be careful and do not get lost in its mysterious alleys and mess.
A few more kilometers on your bike again there is "Cèdre Gouraud Forest" featuring millennial trees and where a large community of friendly and playful Barbary macaws lives ready to take possession of all the small objects left unattended, so beware of your glasses, keys, cell phones, etc.
After passing through the dunes of Erg Chebbi, it is time to face the famous Dades Gorge and Todra Gorge, which are an unforgettable and unique experience for any motorcyclists!
Then the tour will reach first the oasis of Skoura, then the city of Quarzazate, the Erg Chegaga desert, and the colorful city of Marrakech. From here your itinerary will lead you to the legendary Col Tizi N'Tichka, 2,260 m.a.s.l., which links the High Atlas to Mount Toubkal. Riding here a motorcycle is a great fun so this is another must-do for a biker! The road coming down from the High Atlas will lead you to Agadir located by the Atlantic Ocean. From here the tour follows the road north along the ocean crossing Casablanca first and then Rabat, the capital of Morocco, and last you will get to Tangier.
Highlights of "A motorcycle ride in Morocco to discover hidden treasures":
- Marrakech, the red city featuring a picturesque souk
- Fès, a historic, imperial city of great charm with a chaotic Medina full of mystery
- Rabat, the capital of Morocco
- Amazraou: it means "rock" in Arabic because this village is built of that material. Very imposing!
- Tamnougalt stands on a high promontory and overlooks the Draa river
Cities with notes of interest:
- Tangier, an important port between Africa and Europe
- Casablanca, an intriguing and mythical city. Here was shot the famous Humphrey Bogart movie.
- Chefchaouen, the enchanting "blue city"
- Quarzazate, the Hollywood of Morocco
- Merzouga with the "Erg Chebbi", the imposing desert dunes
- Erg Chegaga, still less known but its dunes are remarkable
- Gorge Todra, extremely high and impressive
- Gorge du Dades, its winding road is one of the most photographed in the world and dream of every motorcyclist!
- Gorge Ziz, offers a striking wild landscape
- Middle Atlas
- High Atlas
High Mountain Passes:
- Tizi N'Tichka Pass connects Marrakech to the Sahara Desert over the High Atlas at 2 260 m.a.s.l.
- Tizi n 'Test Pass, crosses the High Atlas at 2,093 m.a.s.l.
- Col du Zad Pass, in the Middle Atlas, reaches 2,178 m.a.s.l
Other Remarkable places:
- Cèdre Gouraud Forest, the kingdom of mischievous Barbary macaques
- Skoura, a refreshing oasis with a huge palm grove
- Draa Valley, a wonderful green area in the middle of the desert
- Imlil Valley, a beautiful valley, the kingdom of trekking, also beloved by motorbikers
- Mount Toubkal, a great massif that overlooks rural Morocco from a height of 4,167 m.a.s.l.
Beaches by the Atlantic Ocean:
- The Taghazout is a golden sandy beach, a place beloved by surfers and water sports lovers because of the favorable wind and waves
- El Jadida Beach, a long stretch of soft sand washed by the waves of the Atlantic ocean