MOROCCO, AN EXCITING MOTORCYCLE TRIP RIDING ON DIRT ROADS
The motorbike tour "Morocco, an exciting motorcycle trip riding on dirt roads" will take you from the charming Marrakech, the imperial city famous for the colors and sounds of its medina and for the immense wealth of history, to discover one of the most fascinating corners of Morocco: the region of Drâa-Tafilalet. This area holds two of the most spectacular places in North Africa: the legendary Dades Gorge and Todra Gorge, as well as many exciting dirt roads, where to have fun riding a motorbike.
How to reach Marrakech where the tour "Morocco, an exciting motorcycle trip riding on dirt roads" starts out:
You can get very easily to Marrakech from Tangier, whose port is connected by many comfortable ferries with Europe. Once in Tangier, just follow the Autoroutes of Morocco (A7) to the south.
Another excellent solution is to reach the Moroccan city by plane and then rent a motorcycle on site. There are many models you can rent, including those suitable for dirt roads. On our pages, you can find the banner of a good Rental Company.
The itinerary of the tour "Morocco, an exciting motorcycle trip riding on dirt roads":
Leaving the picturesque Marrakech behind, you will head towards the mountains of the Western High Atlas by riding first on paved roads which are generally in good conditions and then finding fun on long stretches (a quarter of the whole trip) of amazing dirt and gravel roads that in some places even difficult to deal with for the damages caused by the heavy winter rains: yes, even in Morocco it rains! Damages repaired in an approximate way, however, these roads are not really difficult for motorcyclists who have at least an average experience riding a motorcycle on roads of that type. Pay attention to the outcropping stones, gravels, and the depth of the pools of water.
Our Roadbook files include everything you will need to follow this trip bends after bends and stone after stone.
The most outstanding places during the tour "Morocco, an exciting motorcycle trip riding on dirt roads" you will visit:
- Todra Gorge: a spectacular high and narrow gorge nicknamed the "Grand Canyon" of Morocco.
- Dades Gorge: his iconic hairpin bends carved into the rock are a dream for all motorcyclists! Do not miss a souvenir photo taken by the highest point to capture these mythical bends.
- Ouarzazate called also the Moroccan Hollywood where the Atlas Studio, set of many famous movies, is located and can be visited.
- Skoura: an enchanting oasis where you can cool off in the shade of the palm trees in a huge, 15 miles long palm grove.
- Marrakech: the city where boredom is prohibited, - Souk is incredibly chaotic, - Medina with beautiful fiery sunsets.
- Barrage Bin El-Ouidane: is a lake located in the middle of a desert made of rock and red sand and where fishermen catch huge fishes.
- Western High Atlas National Park: the best way to visit it is by a motorbike following the dirt tracks and, that's right what you will be doing on this trip.
- Ouzoud waterfalls: located behind a bent and set between the rock and lush palms. They are simply amazing!